Powerful Lesson Observations
“The beauty of IRIS Connect is that teachers don’t have to leave the school site so there’s no expensive travel costs and no discontinuity of contact with the students.”
Alan Yellup, Executive Head, Wakefield City Academy
We know that lesson observations are one of the most powerful ways to raise standards of teaching and learning, but only when teachers are empowered in the process.
As advocates of developmental lesson observation, we help you to make the shift from a ‘done to’, to a ‘done with’ model, allowing you to tap into and disseminate the great teaching and learning happening in your school and beyond.
For video lesson observation to be effective it’s vital that teachers are 100% in control of the process. That’s why we’ve placed permissioning at the heart of our secure cloud based platform. There is no super user login. The classroom observations that you create are all yours.
Download the practical guide and learn:
- Whether your observations failing your teachers
- The 4 tell-tale signs
- The 10 secrets to transformative classroom observations
Benefits of video lesson observation
- Self observation – with video you can observe your own lessons for a deeper level of self-reflection which you can refer back to any time
- Time for peer observation – filming your lessons will help you to make time for peer observation without having to arrange lesson cover. This will help you and your colleagues share practice more regularly
- Increases authenticity– the dynamic of your class won’t be altered by the presence of an in-class observer or moving to an observation classroom; you can simply continue teaching as you would normally
- Discussions based on real events- see what actually happened in the lesson rather than relying on recollection and potentially conflicting accounts. This helps you to build trust, valuable dialogue and stronger working relationships making for much more powerful lesson observations for you
Read more about how we enable powerful classroom observation for collaborative development.
Get in touch
Book a free consultation with us and find out how every lesson can be a chance to develop teaching practice: